Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 21, COVID-19 Lockdown

Monday.  13th of April.  21st day of stay-home orders.  Another three-quarter of an inch of rain yesterday afternoon; an inch and a half of rain for Easter Sunday.
Rain totals for Sunday, April 12, 2020
Starting out cold and sunny today, 29 and bright! SamTheDog woke the wife and I up at 4:30 this morning - not to warn of a threat, but so he could go potty.  I was able to get back to sleep, but not the wife, so she made coffee this morning.  A nice treat to wake up with the alarm, and smell freshly brewed coffee.



One of my unusual hobbies is collecting every mix and edition of the song, 'Relax', by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.  Currently, I have 30 mixes; a couple may be mistitled duplicates.  The record label was bad about calling different mixes the same name, and the only way you can tell for sure is by looking at the original vinyl.  I don't have the original vinyl for these; most came on CD or other means and are collected up in my digital audio collection.  Today, the wife brought it up again and I went and checked Discogs.com.  I found a new mix (Relax (Warp Mix)) - but it's unobtanium. I found a 2009 UK remix release with one copy available as a radio promo Cd-R and bid on it.  And I found a limited edition German CD-single with Relax (MCMXCIII).  Put a purchase request in on that CD.  If I get both of those discs in that will take my collection to 41 or 42 versions of 'Relax'.
All 30 mixes of 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood I have.
German CD Single I put in to purchase:
And UK promo disc I put a (rather unfortunately high) bid on.  I will need to sell more motorcycle spares to cover this.

The seller of the German CD contacted me and we arranged payment and shipping. Impressive.  The Internet makes the world small.  I used Google Translate to (hopefully) clearly communicate with them.

(7AM,  Tuesday) Forgot to close this out last night; so, 

Warm Regards,
Your Scribe,
Will England

No comments: