Friday, December 09, 2022

See you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, SamTheDog


 Putting a beloved pet to sleep is never an easy decision, but sometimes it is necessary for the sake of the animal's well-being. This was the case for my black lab, SamTheDog, who I had to put down after he stopped eating and his health rapidly declined.

I had gotten SamTheDog as a young down (9 mo old) in 2008, and he quickly became a cherished member of my family. He was full of energy and had a love for life that was contagious. We would go on long walks and runs together, and he would always be ready to play fetch or play with his rope toy.

As he got older,SamTheDog started to slow down and spend more time napping, but he was still happy and healthy. That all changed when he stopped eating. At first, I thought it was just a temporary loss of appetite, but it quickly became clear that something was seriously wrong.

About a week ago he stopped eating.  A couple off days ago he stopped drinking water.  That was when I knew it was his time.  I knew that it was the right thing to do. I didn't want SamTheDog to suffer any longer, and I wanted to remember him as the lively and happy dog that he was.

The day of the euthanasia was one of the hardest days of my life. I held SamTheDog in my arms as the vet administered the medication that would end his life. I felt a mix of emotions: sadness, guilt, and relief.

As I said goodbye to SamTheDog, I couldn't help but think about all the happy memories we had shared together. I will always cherish those memories and be grateful for the love and companionship that he gave me.

Putting SamTheDog to sleep was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I know that it was the right decision. It was a difficult decision to make, but I made it with the best interests of my beloved pet in mind. I will always miss him, but I am grateful for the time we had together.


 Namaskar,

Will

No comments: