Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 5, COVId-19 Lockdown KC Metro

I went to bed too early last night; so I'm up too early this morning.  (4:55 AM).  But the coffee is good. It's the weekend, so I'll avoid opening up the work software on the laptop so I don't get drug into the maelstrom of that on my day off.  Need some essentials today - canned chicken, etc. so since I'm up early I'll try to get to the stores early.  I also need to check with my mom about what she needs from the store.  More people out walking in family groups yesterday enjoying the nice weather. I'll assume even more will be out today.  I need to get out myself; I haven't gotten my 5,000 steps a day goal for the whole week! A big drawback to working from home is the very sedentary nature of it; you shuffle from bed to the table, to the couch.  Too early for a sunrise photo; perhaps in a bit. For now, coffee.

(9:30 AM) Up again, took a couple hour nap.  Weather is sunny, with no wind and high 60's.  I daresay it may be time to go seeking essentials.  As soon as I get another cup of coffee on board. For now, here is a photo of the morning.
9:15 AM, Saturday 28 May 2000
Coffee drank.  Anxiety up.  Storms may be a-coming. Perfect weather at the moment for a ride, but I just don't know about riding.  I'd hate to ignore a warning and get wadded - not sure if that's what's up with the anxiety or if it's just the second cup of coffee, or if it's the dodgy weather systems. It is Saturday, and 5 days of lockdown, so you can expect everyone and their pet dog to be out today. Perhaps it's a good day to pick up sticks in the back yard (bending and squatting - good exercise) or wash a car (again, good exercise).  Cold front passed us, the wind is coming to the West of us.  Calm right now.
Weather Fronts, Saturday 29 March 2020, 10:30 AM

(90 minutes later) - not calm now.  Winds have picked up, 10MPH with gusts to 25.  Grab some headphones and take a listen.  I shot a nicely recorded 4'33" clip of the wind, with windchimes.  See if you can hear the train in the distance.  Love that Tascam TM-2X microphone. A little processing in Davinci Resolve and you have a binaural surround experience. One of these days I'll figure out how to record 5.1 audio into a video track.  (oh - easy...)
(7:45PM) With the wind, dust, pollen and who knows what else, I'm plum tuckered out.  Still taking care of myself, staying inside, taking vitamins. Hitting the Benadryl as well to keep ahead of this and prevent a bacterial infection.  Would prefer to avoid doctors' offices as much as possible.  Unfortunately, the Benadryl leaves me very laggy.

Been more police activity based on the sirens.  Ensuring we have personal protection within reach at all times.  The wind put a crimp in my plans to head to an outdoor range to ensure the function of some of the long guns with new scopes, triggers.  Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps a half-day PTO during the week when it's more likely no one will be around.

Tomorrow I'll need to get out; hopefully less windy - need to get essential supplies for mom and us (milk, etc).  Hit the local store at 8AM and be in and out before the crowds and while the store is still relatively clean. Hopefully.  Today - going to wrap up with a chicken sandwich, some veg, and watching something on Science Channel.  If I'm still up perhaps I'll finish Star Trek : Insurrection tonight.

Closing out Day 5.  See y'all tomorrow.

- Will England

No comments: