Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dem in 08? Not likely

Why? Easy. They have 18 months (less really) to build a cohesive broad platform other than "Bush is Bad". And they are rearranging the deck chairs making sure everyone has a 'special' seat to sit in.

McClatchy Washington Bureau | 08/18/2006 | Catering to constituency groups rouses friction among Democrats:
"the Democratic National Committee's Rules Committee debated and adopted two new proposals - one aimed at creating 'inclusion programs' for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders and the disabled; the other designed to enforce a new party move to give African-Americans and Hispanics a bigger voice in picking presidential nominees."


Great. Include everyone. But lets hear some IDEAS. Some PLANS. A *real reason* to vote for your party. Sheesh.

I'm cranky today.

UPDATE, 30 seconds later.

I figured I should check my sources before I go off on a tangent. So I went to http://www.democrats.org/. I see 1) "Bush Sucks". 2) Send Me Money. 3) Oh - more deck chairs!

Fuck.

And these folks haven't a chance, but they're saying the right stuff...

No comments: