Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Top Ten List of Questions for a Business Analyst

A long time ago, I was asked what my 'rubric' or list of questions were for my new job as a Business Analyst. I didn't have a clear answer. "It Depends" wasn't really a good answer.
Well, I've finally found someone smarter than me that has that list of questions. Just check out:
http://www.batimes.com/articles/carls-top-ten-list-of-questioning-techniques-for-new-and-not-so-new-business-analysts.html
Excellent groundwork questions that can be used and adapted to any situation as we build and define projects and programs, starting with "Be Prepared" and continuing through leading your customer through iterative designs for how they want the solution to work. Delivering quality work depends on getting the solution well defined at the beginning. 'Misses' in requirements lead to rework, defects and less than optimal customer solutions.

Anything you'd add to the list that isn't domain specific?

No comments: