Thursday, June 07, 2007

They'll finance anyone these days!

After nearly 80,000 miles the Isuzu was a bit creaky around the edges - starting to leak from the steering rack ($1500), the front differential ($500) and the shocks were worn ($800). And, my divorce decree mandated that I close out the loan on the truck no later than the end of this month.

I thought about going to a finance company to re-write the loan, but decided a better way to clear out the loan was to trade in the Isuzu, and it's loan, for something smaller, more efficient, and cooler.

So, overloaded credit and all, Olathe Subaru managed to set up a relatively nice loan on this new (10 miles on it) 2007 Subaru Forester X. With a sunroof. w00t! Quite a bit nicer than the Isuzu that it's replacing, and nearly double the gas mileage! (and SMILEage!)

Now, where to go for the first roadtrip?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Spudrovia! I think your first trip should be out here to Miller Motorsports Park for the races on the 23 & 24th with a stop to see my new shop; the Garage Majal of Subarudom. Having spent the last 28 years running a Subaru shop I think you made a great choice. Cheers PAtrick