Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 8, COVID-19 Lockdown, USA, Kansas, JoCo




Yeah, Everywhere.  We're locked down officially from Johnson County, Kansas, the State of Kansas, and even the president has issued a lockdown through April 30th.  Everything we do, every thought, action and moment has COVID-19 behind it.  Making coffee this morning; be sure to use bleach spray to wipe the counters just in case there's viral residue on there from the groceries yesterday.  Every step, every thought focused on the pandemic.  Do I have my will in place?  Are my investments and insurance set up with beneficiaries?  Are my kids and wife's life insurance set up with the right beneficiaries? Do I have enough cash to get the columbarium for my mom at the little church she wants to be interred at?  (I know I don't have enough cash to get the columbarium for my big church for me).

Annd a Goood Morning to You!  Sun's not out yet.  The mind is bouncing around like a pinball.  So, this is Day 8, the 8th day of lockdown.  

Ah hah - Sun!

Sunrise, March 31, 2020
(33,000 photos left to upload to Flickr.)

I got a gallon of Simple Green Industrial Cleaner and degreaser in yesterday.  Used an old 409 bottle and mixed up a 1:30 solution. Not specifically designed as an anti-viral, but as COVID is simply RNA with a lipid coating, a degreaser should be quite useful in breaking down the external lipid (fat (grease)) coating.  And it's a good general-purpose cleaner, leaving the 409 and Tilex bleach spray for specific disinfectant cleaning.
Assorted cleaners.  Yes, I cannot spell at 8AM with a sharpie. (medal vs metal)

Meanwhile, I found a local small business making hand soap and hand sanitizer, Fire Lake Soapery, in Paola, KS.  They use these gorgeous spun steel bottles for their products; I had to order some just to see how it works.







In closing, no particular drama for the day.  The oldest son is working at the sandwich shop. Tomorrow I work remotely as we hit 'Day 0' of the Sprint - T-Mobile Merger. May be a non-event.  May be a busy day.  So, to that end, I sign off.

- Will England

No comments: